This is the time of year IT Managers in Australia do their Budget Planning, broadly speaking my main projects for 2018 are as follows.
- Extend 1:1 into year 1 (Currently we are 1:1 from grade 2 – 12)
- Encourage a few teacher to become Google Credited Teachers.
- Encourage teachers to become Apple Credited Teachers.
Other points of significance, (which were approved).
- Upgrade existing HP Wireless to Extreme Wireless
- Upgrade existing HP Core to Extreme Core (in three locations)
- Upgrade existing EMC Storage (SAN) to new EMC Storage 40 TB (SAN)
- 60 x iPad Pro’s 13″ retina displays – (3 Trolleys with 20 iPads in each)
- 320 x Macbook Airs for Students and Teachers
- 25 x New iMacs
Consulting and Training
- Training and Consultancy about (cheaper than employing a specialist)
- Sophos Health check
- Security Audit
Software Purchases and Renewal
- Amazon Webs Services – Offsite Storage and Solutions
- Microsoft Renewals
- JAMF Pro
Notes: I run a small team of three staff under the age of 30, we manage about 2000 Devices with JAMF Pro. I like to think we are one of the most advanced schools on the Sunshine Coast and I run it all on budget of a little over 1 million dollars.