The Apple Distinguished School Summit was a significant milestone in our “Apple Journey” and was of particularly enjoyable for the following of reasons.
- As a ‘Mac Evangelist‘ I feel that the effort invested in moving our College over to Mac has has been rewarded, not only in academic achievement but also in recognition.
- It served as clear and distinctive progress indicator in our journey which began in 2009/2010, when we first introduced Macs to our College.
- It brought the team together for few days to reflect on where we have been and to look further ahead to where we are going.
- It was an opportunity to share and network with other ADS schools.
- Lengthy discussions about Artificial Intelligence in the car.
- A chance to catch up with Geoff Powell who advised me at the start of our journey (circa 2010/2011) .
Date: Thursday 13 July – Friday 14 July 2017
Location: St Hilda’s School
Workshop 1: King’s College – iTunes U in the Classroom
Workshop 2: Corpus Christi College – Creating Teaching Resources
Workshop 1: Technical Update
Workshop 1: Anyone Can Code
Thursday 13 July
8:30am Registration, Morning Refreshments, and Networking
9:30am Welcome and Introductions
10:15am Keynote: Mark McCrindle
11:15am Morning Tea
11:35am Leadership workshop
1:30pm School-led workshops
3:45pm Queensland Showcase
5:00pm Day one close
Networking Drinks and Canapés
Friday 14 July 2017
7:45am Coaches depart hotels
8:30am Day two welcome
8:35am Keynote speakers
10:30am Morning Tea
10:50am Apple-led workshops
1:30am Regional Meetings
2:15pm Keynote speaker
3:00pm Day two close
My personal doodles of the Apple Distinguished School Summit 2017 PDF for what they’re worth or you can just look at the pretty pictures below, which I use to jog my memory.