Over the next 12 months, (sometime in 2018), I expect to test, select and install an new wireless solution of the college and the solution will most likely be one of either Rukus, Aruba or Ubiquiti. I’m also searching for and robust ‘on-boarding solution‘, our two main contenders are CloudPath and ClearPass
Reliable wireless is a modern day challenge.
No only is reliable wireless is a challenge to implement but once it’s installed you’re stuck with what you chosen for up to 5 years.
I’ve installed a number of different solutions since 2009 when I installed my first school wide wireless which was a D-Link Solution, which caused me no end difficulty. You can read about my D-Link experience here, or about my Xirrus experience here or my HP Wireless experience here
Wireless Specification (Wish List)
- Easy to manage
- Easy to identify clients
- Easy and sustainable on-boarding
- Massive Data Capacity and throughput
- Solution to be sustainable for 5 or 6 years
- No Surprises
- Aruba is an HP company
- All my switches are currently HP
- Clearpass for access control and Single Sign on
- AirWave for management
- Aruba Instant Product for quick start without a controller
If an attacker secretly breaches your schools network perimeter security defences with compromised credentials, how do you detect and stop them before they do serious damage?
- Unique Technology
- Very affordable (more so that Aruba or Rukus)
- Proven history
Cloudpath vs Clearpass
Thursday, 20 July 2017