AISQ Brisbane 27th April 2011
- Are they really consumption devices?
- How will they perform and evolve in the education market.
- Started off by joking “No i and no g in our household”.
- Consumer Market is most affected by innovation of Technology.
- Take a holistic approach to technology – any browser, any tablet, any phone, any computer.
- Microsoft is clearly taking the cloud very seriously.
- Suggests that self insurance is a better option.
- The Future of Laptop Programs – Is it BYO?
Tom McPhail from Apple
- Apple don’t have a roadmap, but you can look at the history of previous upgrades and release and make a safe assumption from that.
- Microsoft fully support Exchange active sync.
- AES 256-bit encryption.
- Remote and Local Wipe, if you use the wrong password a number of times.
- Apps are restricted to their own sandbox with access to common data through API like iCal etc.
- Google Mail uses Active Sync.
- CalDAV, CardDAV
- VPN on Demand
- IOS devices are designed to be personal; Enterprise integration is a secondary consideration.
- iPhone Configuration Utility, signs every configuration with a certificate and it uses a self signed certificate.
- MDM allow you to publish an in house App Store.
- The iPad is the most disruptive device invented.
- Virtual Desktops are still viable.
- Best of Breed, Fit for Purpose, Vendor Agnostic.
- Technology is a small part of IT.
- IT vs Cloud.
- 08/09 Amounts
- 10/11 Amounts
- Verification Due on Friday.
- 2011 February State Census will be used.
- Maintenance of Effort.
- What are we going to do with residual funding?
- What is going to happen in sustainment?
- Batteries are part of on going costs.
- Try and avoid getting locked in Funding Condition Criteria.
Queensland Studies Authority
- SDCS – Issues with Student Data Capture.
- Heated discussion about PC-School, types of Student Management Software, photographs taken of Pie chart showing distribution of management software.
- Gone are the days of Data Caps.
- Can vouch for Microwave.
- Works with Summerville, they broker all the fees.
- Any one can provide the Tail, 10 Dollars per student will provide RNET Content.
- 78% of UQ Schools content is free.
- If you live near a railway track you can get straight on.